суббота, 16 марта 2013 г.

Flowers for Algernon (Book)

A few days ago I read, or to be more exact, reread this book. I want to say some words about it. My own opinion is that it is one of the most wonderful books ever. It makes the reader think about really important questions. Is it right to meddle with nature? What is better: to have something and lose it, or simply never have it? Is an intelligence the only thing every person needs? Can having intelligence make someone happier? Is it important to understand everything? And so on. In both English and in Russian there is the same proverb: "He who increases his knowledge increases sorrow". And the longer I live, the better I understand this. On the other hand, our knowledge is the only treasure we have, I believe. Many people don't understand how happy they are as the result of their having an opportunity to study, to understand things and.. yes, they can be "normal". The book produced too many feelings in me, and too many thoughts. However, I am really glad to have had a chance to read it. I am especially happy that I was able to read it in English...

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий